Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Slow returns and happy moments.

The company has finally left and the house feels strangely quiet. It feels empty. Everything will now begin to return back to the normal I am accustomed to of just me and Hubby and the animals; of me writing and reading and getting worlds built up and written about as well as just being the normal, every day housewife, of sorts. The late celebrations of Christmas are now completely over. In the midst of the Christmas celebrations it has snowed and we have celebrated my loving Hubby's birthday. Yes, we have been busy. Now the busy-ness is going to begin to slow down and then change gears and pick up steam as the rest of the world slowly begins to push its way back into our lives. It just feels odd. It almost feels like a vacation because I am tired from all of the fun and laughter as well as relaxed by it. It isn't something that should really surprise me, but it does.

Now I look around me at all of the writing that needs to be done, the resumes to send out, the query letters, and the short stories to be placed into proper format as well as poems to be written and submitted and it feels like Work. I am fully glad this is not my job but my chosen profession. (A job merely pays the bills.) Actually, it almost makes me feel overwhelmed by it in the most happy and quiet comforting of ways.

No comments: